Monday 18 July 2011

I miss Pimms

Before I got pregnant I wasn't a heavy drinker by any means, I would probably drink maybe twice a month and only if I was going out or on holiday etc I was never one for drinking a glass of wine at home whilst watching a film or eating a meal. Since I became pregnant however my only major craving has been for Pimms! I really really miss alcohol. I've had 2 holidays and attended several bbqs/parties and I am proud to say I haven't touched a drop since the day I found out I was 7 wks pregnant with this little one. I have found one or two alcohol substitutes which I particularly enjoy when the sun is shining.. Firstly kopparberg alcohol free pear cider (really refreshing) secondly strawberry &elderflower cordial with fizzy water - closest pimms alike I have found! Let me know if you have any suggestions.. My reward to myself following labour will definitely be a long cold glass of Pimms!!

1 comment:

  1. I did used to very much enjoy a glass of wine at home, and I do miss it, but more the occasion that the actual wine. I have discovered White Grape J20, which I drink from a wine glass. And I do enjoy the Cobra zero. However, I do admit that I have had the occasional glass of wine, but only during the last few weeks and only 1 small one, with plenty of water.

    ReplyDelete